Friday, January 6, 2012

Vader Burger Anyone?



If that burger with the black bun looks good to you then you need to get in touch with your travel agent right away. It is only available at the Quick restaurant chain located in France, Belgium, and several other foreign countries. It would have been nice had they checked on the spelling of Vader before they came up with their advertising, but you can't have everything. As you can see by the ad it is timed in with the release of Star Wars Episode One in 3-D. I don't think I would care for the bun, but to each his own.

One other news item that caught my attention is an eBay dealer is trying to get a class-action lawsuit filed against eBay. What has upset him, is the eBay feature of maximum bidding. It is his belief that the bidder should pay that amount instead of the amount that the auction ends on. I don't think he has a full understanding of what an auction is all about. I have used that feature many times. When bidding, I decide exactly how much an item is worth to me, and what the most am willing to pay for it is. If I get outbid I let the item go. Even though I'm willing to pay a certain amount for anything I bid on, if I can get it for less I'm not going to complain. It is no different than if you go to a live auction where you don't tell the auctioneer how much you're willing to spend. I don't see any way that this person is can win this suit. It is not surprising that it was filed in California, where several suits a been filed against cereal companies because somebody discovered that crunch berries weren't real, and that Froot Loops are not made of real fruit.

No comments: