Tuesday, January 24, 2012

New DVD Releases.


When the first Paranormal Activity came out in 2007 it was a surprising hit. Made on a budget of $15,000 it grossed over $193 million worldwide. The budgets have gotten bigger, but people still flock to see the movies. The third chapter in the series brought in $104,028,807 in the United States and almost that much overseas. It's not my kind of movie, but it does have its audience. It is rated a 6.2 on the IMDB.


 
When I first heard about the movie Real Steel, I joked that it would turn out to be Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots, the movie. The movie did very well at the box office where it brought in $85,255,428. It was a huge hit overseas, bringing in $210 million. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to watch it, but I have enjoyed most of Hugh Jackman's movies. The IMDB rates the movie a 7.3.



50/50 is a comedy about cancer. It was inspired by a true story about a young man diagnosed with cancer and his subsequent battle with the disease. The young man was screenwriter Will Reiser.  After a six-year struggle he was declared cancer free. The movie brought in $35,014,192 and is rated an 8.0 on the IMDB.

No comments: