Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Personal Shopper.



Personal shoppers a been around for a while. Usually they are employed by either stores as a service to their customers or by those rich enough to afford the service. Now several people are trying to take it to the next level by offering their perform the job is for one day only. The day they are offering their services is the day after Thanksgiving, or as those of us who work retail lovingly call it, Black Friday. Most of those who are offering this are unemployed and trying to earn some money for their Christmas. I really do wish them well and they will definitely be earning their money.

I have worked enough Black Friday's that the only way you will find me in a store on that night is if I am working there and they are paying me to be there. There is no bargain worth going through all the hassle that you have to put up with on that night. I would much rather pay full price then to go through that. Of course, I will be working it again this year, but I like to have a major change from what I have done in the past. Since I am now cash register trained I more than likely will be doing that. The idea of that really doesn't thrill me, but it actually would be better than standing by a pallet waiting for the proper time to begin selling the merchandise. Just standing makes for an awful long night and if you're running a register you stay pretty busy. I'll let you know how that works out that day.

No comments: