Wednesday, July 27, 2011

What I Did on My Summer Vacation.



For a long time, I have been talking about traveling. There are a lot of places that I want to see, but when the time comes to go I can usually find an excuse not to. The time has come to quit making excuses and get out and see things that I really want to see. Sunday I started making that a reality. Normally when I take a vacation, I will take three days off, and combine that with my two regular days off so that I get a five day break from work. The only exception to that is the week that Labor Day falls. At that time I take a full week because I go to Illinois.

For the last few years I have said I was going to go to Florida because I have never seen the ocean. When I talked about it, the intention that I had was to make it a two day trip. After thinking that through, I realized that basically all I would be doing was driving. I decided to add an extra day to the trip ended up enjoying it more. I am now really glad that I decided to do that.

When I left I had intentions of doing four things while there. I was going to see the ocean, the Gulf of Mexico, meet a friend that I had never met, and see the Little White House in Warm Springs, Georgia. I achieved half of that list. The two things that I didn't do, will be achieved later. My posts for the next few days will be covering the trip. I took a lot of pictures, and will be showing a few of them here. Later today I will be starting a Flickr account, and when I do I will post a link to it. I didn't mention going to Florida before I left, because I wanted to surprise someone who I know reads this blog. That worked really well, and I will probably be talking about that on Monday. Tomorrow I will talk about the trip itself, and seeing the ocean for the first time.

1 comment:

Tux said...

Looking forward to hearing all about it!