Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Baseball Card Tuesday.

Now that I have the Dragon program, I'm trying to get back into a routine with this blog. As I have mentioned before, my weekend is Tuesday and Wednesday. Tuesday is usually a fairly busy day for me so I want something that is easy to do, and quick to post. Therefore, this will be a day where I will post pictures of baseball cards using different themes each week. This weeks theme is my five favorite cards from the 2011 Topps series 2 set. The first card that I selected was Jason Heyward of the Atlanta Braves. I like the nonchalant attitude that he seems to have catching that ball.


Next up is José Valverde of the Detroit Tigers. That is an unusual position that he is in and it made me smile.


I enjoy shots of guys leaping and jumping so this card of Nyger Morgan of the Milwaukee Brewers made the cut.


A jumping shot, this time Troy Tulowitzki of the Colorado Rockies, avoiding a member of the Kansas City Royals and looking like he is having a great time on the field.


Another jumping card, Darwin Barney of the Chicago Cubs is getting out of the way of Geoff Blum of the Arizona Diamondbacks. I love the look on Barney's face.


I will be going through the sets that I have completed and will select five cards from the each of those and will be putting those here on Tuesdays.


I did have a prank call last night. I'm beginning to believe there is a small group who are getting together doing these. The call last night started out innocently enough as somebody asking about purchasing alcohol. Local regulations here make purchasing alcohol from 11 PM to 6 AM illegal. The caller was trying to get me to come up with a way to get around that for them. After I told him there was nothing that I could do since it was the law, the person then said that they were in the bathroom without toilet paper. I simply said, nice try, and hung up.

No comments: