Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Are You ready For Some Football?



Monday night I got my first taste of some of the fun that happens when you work electronics. The game NCAA Football 2012 was released at midnight. For the first time since I have worked electronics, I had to run a cash register. It has been almost 10 years since I last did that. I was a little rusty at first, but I quickly got back into the groove. It does make my job a lot easier, because now I can rang items up in the department, instead of having to walk certain things to the front of the store and hand them to a cashier up there. Most nights, there is not a lot of merchandise purchased that needs to be paid for in the department, but as we get closer to Christmas that will change.

There were actually six people who came in to purchase the game. Personally, it's not the kind of game that I play. I prefer role-playing games and puzzle games over the sports games. I had forgotten how popular NCAA game is. The last time that I sold it, I was electronics manager for Kmart, and it was a very strong seller then.

The prank callers must be on vacation. I have not heard from them in two days now. We will see what happens when I go back to work tomorrow night.

When I wrote about seeing the movie Thor, I said I wanted to wait until I had it on DVD and watch it back-to-back with Iron Man, so I could decide which movie is my favorite Marvel movie. I no longer have to wait for the DVD. I went and saw it again yesterday. It is playing in Calhoun, so it only cost me $1.50 to see it again. Thor is the winner. I will definitely be buying the DVD when it comes out on September 13.

No comments: