Monday, March 21, 2011

Sanity Restored.



A month ago I mentioned that I had lost my mind. I have mentioned that I did not get the managers job and I really am alright with it. However, at the risk of sounding like a spoiled child who didn't get his way, I will never again apply for a managers job. The fact that I didn't get the job is not the problem. My beef is the system used to make the selection.

The interview process consists of the candidate being asked four questions. Those questions cover your experience and how you have dealt with situations and with personnel issues. Each candidate is asked the same four questions. Should someone inadvertently be asked a different question, the other two must be given that question. That is the system. Experience does not count, just your response. I am not interested in going through with that again.

So where does that leave me? Transferring is an option, but the cost of gas has put that plan on hold. Right now I am in a wait and see mode. Lately I have been working more out of frozen and dairy which is what I want. Inventory is Thursday and then I will put in another request to be moved. I'll just take it one step at a time and we will see what happens.

No comments: