Thursday, March 24, 2011

Overreactions.


A few days ago a man in San Antonio, Texas, went through the drive-thru of a Taco Bell. He ordered 7 of the Beefy Crunch Burritos. When he was informed the price of those had risen 50 cents, his response was to pull a gun and take a shot at the manager. He then pulled up from the drive-thru and put another pistol and a rifle on the roof of his car. The manager locked the doors and called the police. The man took off and was stopped two miles away. He gets out of the car with the rifle. Shots are fired,(not by him. We'll get to that in a minute) and he takes off to a motel where he is living. After a 3 hour stand off tear gas is shot into his room and he is captured. The guns he had were air guns, which explains why he did not return fire. A window was shot out of one of the police cars, but since no BB's were recovered at the scene our suspect is off the hook for that. If the burrito price increase set him off like that, I wonder how he handled the rising gas prices.

The second overreaction took place in Ocala, Florida, when shots were fired because a man refused to kiss a woman. They were neighbors and the woman had developed an infatuation with the man. She was furious when he told her he had a girlfriend and when she demanded a kiss he turned her down. She went to her place, grabbed a pistol and returned. the man had gone inside his home by that time and was not aware she was there. Her tale is she intended to shoot his car but instead put 4 bullets into his house, one of which narrowly missed him. The ages of these people? He is 53 and she is 92. A true case of the fury of a woman scorned.

To borrow from Monty Python, now for something completely different. The last few days at work I was telling everyone that I could not work Tuesday or Wednesday night of this week. Inventory is this morning and overtime had been authorized to prepare for it. My joke was I couldn't work because I had plans, I had to wash my hair. A quick look at my picture and you can see how serious that is. Of course, almost everyone got a good laugh at that. Almost. One woman who overheard me tell someone else said, "Well, I wash my hair twice a day." Some people need to get a sense of humor.

No comments: