Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do.



I mentioned in my return entry that I am once again single. So what happened? I know it is a cliche when the man tells the woman it's not you, it's me. Well actually, it was me. I knew that for awhile I just wasn't as enthused about getting together with My Lady, but after spending most of two days with her last April where we went to the Chattanooga Zoo one day and the Tellus museum the next, that I really needed to end it. I have told you before just how much of a ladies man that I am, so all I needed to was to fall back on my vast experience and end it. Right. This was actually only the third relationship I had ever been in. The first ended in my wifes death, the second when She Who Left In the Middle Of The Night earned her nickname. Since My Lady had really not done anything to me, I wanted to let her down easy. In other words, I was a chicken to just let my feelings be known. I didn't want to hurt her and I knew that ending the relationship would.

I know that she sensed something was wrong, but I kept lying and saying everything was O.K. We went through a four week period when circumstances prevented us getting together. When we finally did she made the remark that she had begun to believe that I just wanted to be friends. The next week when she asked if we were getting together, I told her I just wanted her friendship. I know she was hurt, but it had to be done. We really are still friends and talk when we see each other.

Since our breakup there have been two other ladies who would liked to have started a relationship with me, but I quickly realized they were more interested in my wallet than me. Will there be another? Probably, but at this time I am not looking. Also, as Sean Connery learned, never say never. If it happens, I'll let you know.

No comments: