Friday, November 6, 2009

53 Things.

Today is my birthday. Would anyone care to guess how old I am? Gee, you are good. I am going to list 53 things about myself. Since lists that long can get tedious, I am going to break it up into three installments, 20 today and tomorrow and 13 on Sunday. If you have been following this blog for any length of time you will probably know most of these.

1. I was born in the Abraham Lincoln Memorial Hospital in Lincoln, Illinois.

2. I grew up in Mason City, Illinois.

3. I graduated from Mason City High School in 1974.

4. I have 40 college credits from Lincolnland Community College in Springfield, Illinois.

5. I did not graduate from college.

6. I got married on September 19, 1978.

7. I have lived in Mason City, Springfield, Hanover Park, and Auburn, all in Illinois, and Calhoun, Georgia.

8. I have lived in Georgia for 13 years.

9. My wife passed away on June 5, 2000.

10. I have worked for the Mason State Tree Nursery, Ed's Eisner Agency (grocery store), Woolco, Parks Memorial Home, Memorial Medical Center, Gordon Hospital, Kmart, and Wal-Mart.

11. I have worked part time at Harmons (grocery store), Wendy's, Arby's, Krystals, and Taco Bell.

12. I collect baseball cards and comic books.

13. My favorite current comic book is Fables.

14. I am a fan of the Chicago Cubs, Atlanta Falcons, and the Northwestern Wildcats.

15. My favorite television show is Babylon 5.

16. My favorite character on the show is Londo Mollari.

17. My favorite authors are J.R.R. Tolkien, Rex Stout, Lawrence Block and Harlen Ellison.

18. I like reading all kinds of books but my favorite genre is mystery.

19. My favorite movie is the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. To me it is one movie.

20. My second favorite movie is Gettysburg.

Are you bored yet? Check back tomorrow for the next 20.

2 comments:

Dana said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (just a little late!)

And no, I'm not bored, in fact I'm looking forward to the next batch!

Volly said...

Howard,

Belated birthday wishes -- hope you had a stunningly good day!

Volly