Monday, August 3, 2009

You Can't Please Everybody.

I had a couple of people last night who not pleased with my customer relations skills. One of our frozen food cases went out yesterday. The case that was out contained our breakfast items, desserts, and fruits. One man wanted some breakfast items and couldn't understand why we didn't put them somewhere else. Where you put them? We don't have any extra space. When the case goes down the main concern is getting the cases emptied and put the product in the big freezer. Of course we are going to lose sales, but that is one of the problems with refrigerated cases. When they quit working there is nothing you can do.

The second person was a lady who wanted some Cool Whip. She asked me, "Can't you go get some?" Normally I would have, but there was no way of knowing where it was. It would have taken me longer to find than it was worth. She was a little indignant and left. It was not worth the trouble for a one dollar sale. Most people are understanding in a situation like that, but there are always a few who are not.

On a personal note, I had planned on quitting Taco Bell on August 31. Today that got moved up to August 13. They are changing the truck times. It will be coming at 1:00 P.M. on Mondays and at 10:00 A.M. on Thursdays. Of course if you read this blog regularly you know those arrival times are missed quite a bit. I cannot work in the afternoons because that is my sleeping time. I did tell the manager that on Thursday August 20 I will come in and go over a few things with the guy who will be unloading the trucks. I told him to just call me when the truck arrives and I will come in. I will not be clocking in. I told him I would do it for a free meal. What can I say? I work cheap.
Travis was right. Johannes Gutenberg used a printing press with movable type.
The answer to the second question was Babe was Paul Bunyan's ox. I will soon be posting something about Babe.

Today's question is Grade 5/Science.

True or False? A tulip is a monocot.

I had no idea. I guessed right. 121-21.

1 comment:

Travis said...

I don't know either: false...

You are a better man than I though. I don't know if I would have gone up to help the new guy. Maybe, I guess it would depend on how I was leaving. Really it could go either way.