Monday, August 10, 2009

Caffeine Cut Back.

I have been doing something lately that I never thought I would ever do. I have drastically cut my caffeine consumption. Before I drank almost nothing except for Diet Coke or Diet Pepsi, whichever one was on sale. Now I am only drinking two cans a day. I have switched to flavored water. Wal-Mart ran a special on Nestle Pure Life water, 6 bottles for $1. I bought a couple of the lemon flavored and liked it enough to start cutting back. I have also tried using Tru-Lemon packets, but there is something about Calhoun's water that gives it an odd taste. I think I will buy a gallon of drinking water and see how that tastes. My doctor has been trying to get me to cut back for some time now. This will make her happy when I go back for my next check up. I did have a headache for the first couple of days after the change, but I now find that I am feeling better over all. I never realized what caffeine was doing to me. Now I am going to try and over come my laziness and get an exercise program started.
Jeff was right. The birthplace of the Olympics is Greece.
Today's question is Grade 2/Geography.

A kimono is the name for a traditional robe worn in what country?

Personally I would have classified this question as social studies, not geography. In any case I knew the answer. 126-21.

2 comments:

Travis said...

Answer: Japan

I feel ya, on the caffeine. I quit once cold turkey, and I had a horrible migraine the next day. Another time I weaned myself off of it. By cutting Sunkist into my cokes at work, and that worked better. I am back on the caffeine train, but now I only drink cokes at work. Wuth maybe one a day on the weekends.

Ben said...

Hey Howard. I got the package you sent, thanks a lot! I'm still around, just having been writing or commenting much lately, but I think that's all about to change.

As to caffeine. I decided to cut back as well. Haven't had any in three days. We'll see how it goes.

Good luck.