Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I'm Back.

Just when you thought it was safe to be online, look what comes creeping around the corner. I am still not totally done, but far enough along that I am resuming blogging. Tomorrow's post will be my 300th. I have debated how I wanted to do it and have decided it will be a picture post. I have borrowed a digital camera from my lady and I will share a few pictures that I have taken.

Later today I am going to see Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen. I will probably do a review of it on Sunday. During this break I have decided on one more change in my life. Originally I was going to keep my Taco Bell job until the end of the year and then quit. Thinking it over I decided to move it up to the end of October, at which time I would have put in two years there. Just to prove how firm I am once I make up my mind, I told the manager that August 31 would be my last day. I am heading for central Illinois for Labor Day, and I decided when I come back I only want to work one job. The extra money is nice, but I am ready to relax a little more. I will also be able to spend a little more with my lady, so that is another added bonus.

Best Buy is currently running an ad that I find extremely annoying. In it a Best Buy employee talks about answering questions over the phone about new televisions. The employee the asks the person where they are calling from and the person answers Wal-Mart. I get tired of all the slams taken at Wal-Mart. If you don't like them, fine, but Wal-Mart is not as bad as people portray them. What really irks me about this commercial is part about asking where the person is calling from. I have dealt with people over the phone and never once did it occur to me to ask where they are calling from. It is just a cheap shot at Wal-Mart. What they are afraid of is the fact that Wal-Mart just upgraded their electronics department to try and get some of the Circuit City customers. I realize that cheap shots are always taken at the largest in any industry. It just gets old after awhile.
Instead of trying to catch up the questions, I am just going to go forward from today.

Today's question is Grade 4/Cultural Studies.

Calligraphy is the art of what?
  • A) handwriting
  • B) pyramid building
  • C) silk painting
I knew this one. 97-17.

2 comments:

Travis said...

Answer: A. I used to be able some pretty good calligraphy back in junior high.

Jeff said...

Good to have you back, Howard!