Wednesday, May 6, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

There was some concern from the producers of X-Men Origins:Wolverine when somebody put the movie online. What was available was about 20 minutes short. I had the opportunity to watch it and I passed. I wanted to see it on a large screen.

I enjoyed this movie more than any of the three X-Men movies. I like the first two and the third was hurt by trying to do too much. This one is set before the first one. I am not a big Wolverine comic book fan. I was reading them when he first appeared in The Incredible Hulk 181. I do not care for the X-Men comics. To me there is too much history and unless you have been reading for awhile it is a little hard to follow. That said, I enjoy Hugh Jackman's portrayal of Wolverine. This movie shows us how he acquired his adamantium skeleton and claws. We meet more mutants, including one X-Men fans either love or hate, Gambit. Personally I like him but I don't really know a lot about him. What I saw here I liked. Most of the mutants I had to look up when I got home. If you like movies based on comic books, this is a great one. I rank it third behind The Dark Knight and Iron Man. I hope we see more of Wolverine. IMDB rates this a 6.9. I gave it a 9.

Next Tuesday, Star Trek.


The Cubs win streak ended at four as the Giants won yesterday 6-2. The Cubs head for Houston and play tonight.
The Mound Builder's mounds were for burials.
Today's question is Grade 3/Geography.
True or false? The Volga is the longest river in Europe.

I missed this one. 90-17.

1 comment:

Travis said...

I have no idea...true?