Friday, March 13, 2009

Changing Directions.

One thing about working at Wal-Mart is most of the time I put my body on automatic so my mind can go where it wants. A lot of nights I write my posts in my head, then do a little editing when I type it out, but it is mostly what I had planned. Today I was going to talk about a website one of my friends from the Captain Comics Board had found. It is called Typealyzer and it subheaded "What personality is behind that blog?" When I put my blog through it it said my personality was a Doer:

The active and playful type. They are especially attuned to people and things around them and often full of energy, talking, joking and engaging in physical out-door activities. The Doers are happiest with action-filled work which craves their full attention and focus. They might be very impulsive and more keen on starting something new than following it through. They might have a problem with sitting still or remaining inactive for any period of time.

That closely describes me except that I don't do much physical out-door activities. I was going to talk about how those things matched me and give examples showing how it did. So what happened? I ran my blog through it again shortly before I started writing. I fully expected it to say a Doer again. However this time it said I was a Performer:

The entertaining and friendly type. They are especially attuned to pleasure and beauty and like to fill their surroundings with soft fabrics, bright colors and sweet smells. They live in the present moment and don´t like to plan ahead - they are always in risk of exhausting themselves. The enjoy work that makes them able to help other people in a concrete and visible way. They tend to avoid conflicts and rarely initiate confrontation - qualities that can make it hard for them in management positions.

The only part of that that I agree with is living in the present moment and not planning ahead. I watched my wife die at age 44 so I know exactly how fragile life really is. Because of that I tend to take life as it comes and enjoy everything that I can. Life is too short to let little things get under your skin. What I don't understand is how in one day I get this major change. I will run it through again next week and see what it says.
Jeff and Travis both knew that Charles Lindbergh flew to Paris. That's Paris, France, not Paris, Illinois.

Today's question is Grade 4/World History.
True or False? The prophet Muhammad was born in the city of Mecca.

I thought I knew this and I was right. 49-12.

1 comment:

Travis said...

I think it is false...