Sunday, March 15, 2009

Beware The Ides Of March.

Today is the Ides of March. Julius Caesar was told to beware of them. Unfortunately he got the point of that message too late. However I believe it is good advice that we should heed today. The Ides of March is very dangerous. Want proof. In 1970 the rock group The Ides of March had a hit song called Vehicle. The song reached number 2 on the Billboard charts. A close examination at the lyrics shows just how dangerous they are.

Well I'm the friendly stranger
In the black sedan
Oh won't you hop inside my car?

Wait a minute. Didn't our parents warn us about getting cars with strangers? Didn't we pass that warning on to our children? Yet here is is someone who is introducing himself as a stranger trying to lure people into his car. This doesn't look good. It gets worse.

I got pictures, got candy, I am a lovable man

Whoa there. Using pictures and candy to lure someone into his care. That makes this man a pedophile. After all pictures and candy will not work on a 30 year old. (Most of the time anyway.) So what else does he have to say for himself?

By now I'm sure you know
That I love ya (love you)
Need ya (need you)
I want to, got to have you child
Great God in heaven, you know I love you


To lure them into the car he claims that he loves them, needs them, has to have them and then tells them I love you. Now this is someone he doesn't know, has never seen before (that we know of. He could also be a stalker.), to whom he is claiming undying devotion to.

Should we beware the Ides of March? You bet. If you ever see that black sedan in your neighborhood, call 911 immediately. Let's get this pervert off the street.
Sorry Travis. Muhammad was born in the city of Mecca.
The weekend question is Grade 4/Health.

What is the name of the hardest tissue in the human body which covers the teeth?

I knew this one. 50-12.


2 comments:

Travis said...

Answer: Let's try enamel

Unknown said...

That's the creepiest song I've heard of outside of The Kinks' "Art Lover."