Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Looking At The News 2.



Yesterday I talked about Alex Rodriguez and his steroid usage. I will give A-Rod credit, he has come out and admitted what he did. That puts him one step above Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, and Mark McGwire. He claims he took them to help himself live up to the $252 million contract that he had signed in 2001 with the Texas Rangers. Back then players looked at it differently. Not everyone was doing it, but 103 other players tested positive. That doesn't justify it, but he wasn't alone. As far as I am concerned, since he admitted it and has not done it since, I will give him the benefit of the doubt. One of my favorite parts of the movie Gettysburg is when Robert E. Lee chastises J.E.B. Stuart, who was supposed to scout out troop movements and didn't. This is based on a historical truth. I won't swear Lee said this exactly, but from what I have read about him it was probably close.
You must take what I have told you, and learn from it, as a man does. There has been a mistake. It will not happen again; I know your quality.
I hope A-Rod lives up to it.

Another story I talked about was the Pizza manager who pistol whipped a customer. Some new information has come out about that story. It seems the Pizza manager was actually from Brooklyn. He was in Florida because he is in the witness protection program. He was actually a mob hitman and he testified against his boss. That is a great way to keep your cover.

Since I mentioned his over-reaction, how about a customers reaction at a Burger King in Florida? I really am not picking on Florida, it just happens to have taken place there. A customer felt they were too slow in serving him and was upset that they didn't have lemonade any more. So did he call the Burger King office and complain. Of course not. If he had I wouldn't be mentioning this. He called 911. Now he will get to explain it all to judge. Any one want to bet the judge will not be amused?

The final story I have is about a very persistent woman in South Korea. She has been trying to get a drivers license since 2005. She has taken the test 772 times and has yet to pass it. She is not giving up and tries almost every day. Hopefully she will pass sometime. That kind of persistence should be rewarded.


Travis knows science much better than I do. The right answer was a neutron.

Today's question is Grade 3/Animal Science.

What is the last stage that a butterfly goes through before it becomes an adult?

A) pupa
B) larva
C) egg

I knew this one. 25-9.

2 comments:

Travis said...

I was in Blimpies one time when I saw a couple just totally go off on the people working there, and they threatened to call the cops then. It is just like geez, pick your battles.

I am not sure, but I will say a. pupa

Mike Parnell said...

When I worked in McDonalds, a thousand years ago, a customer came in and wanted mustard on a Big Mac. That was not allowed. We could give you mustard to put on it, but no mustard could be placed on it as it was being prepared.
The customer and the manager got into a shouting match over this. And the manager cursed out the customer and dared the customer to call the police.
I am sad to say that I laughed until I fell to my knees at that.

Pupa is the answer.