Thursday, December 4, 2008

The House In The Street Update.

Last week I blogged about this house. Tuesday night the Springfield City Council voted down giving the owners $280,000 for a foundation. The owner says he has no idea what he is going to do. This thing has been one of the worst planned moves I have ever heard about. I have been reading about it at the Springfield Journal-Register website. There have been a lot of comments generated on this. Of course there are some supporters of the house. More people are against it. I side with them. The owner has no idea what he is going to do now. Why not? He should have been prepared not to get the money. What is the plan for the house once it is put into place? That should have been revealed before the move. The owner did not open the bids for a foundation until November 14, three days before the move. The foundation should have been there before the move was allowed. I think some backroom promises were made but they couldn't be filled. I will write more as things develop.

2 comments:

glenn shawgo said...

Sounds to me like some construction company saw a chance to rip off the customer. No way a foundation should cost that much.
Cronyism is still alive in Springfield, Il

Jinxo56 said...

That's what a lot of people are saying. The mayor is heavily involved. It will be interesting to see what happens next.