Sunday, November 2, 2008

Deja Vu.

For the third time since I started working at Wal-Mart I am going to stock dry grocery. I was asked about doing it last night and after thinking about it awhile I agreed. I keep moving around. I started in dry grocery, went to frozen foods, went to produce, back to dry grocery, back to frozen, then to what I am doing now, frozen and dairy. Is your head spinning yet?

Getting out of produce was a sore spot. I was set up to fail and they succeeded admirably. The person who had been the produce lead was removed from the job. The new lead and the perishable assistant manager wanted her to stay in produce but someone had to go. Instead of asking me to step aside they made it look like I wasn't doing the job. When I did everything they wanted, they raised the bar. They finally raised it so high there was no way I could do it and I got pushed out. I said at the time if certain meteorological conditions took place I would return to produce. A couple of months after I was put out the new produce lead hinted to me they needed some new help. He was hoping that I would take the hint and apply. Before I agreed I had to check something out. So I went to Google and checked and found out that the temperature at the theological place of eternal punishment had not dipped below zero degrees Celsius, so I had to turn the job down.

As for my current decision, I will lose 20 cents an hour because pay is based on levels, and frozen is one level above grocery. However, the frozen department lead is one of those people no matter how much you do you cannot make her happy. She also is very good at making herself look good at others expense. So it actually will be worth that just to not have to listen to her anymore. Also my evaluation is due at the end of the year and I will get it back then.

I am not sure what day this will take effect. It may be next Saturday. I will still post my entries about it not being easy in frozen and dairy, I just am not sure when.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Sorry about this, Howard. I know it's not what you wanted. Hopefully management will change soon.

Jinxo56 said...

You misunderstood me, Jeff. This move I am happy about. It was requested, not mandatory. The produce job was different, but that was about 2 years ago.