Thursday, November 6, 2008

52


52. For some reason that number keeps sticking in my head. Maybe I will do an in-depth review of the DC series 52? Of course that would present a problem because I haven't read it yet. It came out during the time I couldn't afford comics. I do have the first trade paperback, but I still haven't read it yet.

Let's see. 52 years ago it was election day. Dwight Eisenhower was re-elected, defeating Adlai Stevenson. But I don't think that is why the number 52 is going through my mind. You know as you get older you tend to get a little absent-minded.

Oh yeah, I remember. 52 years ago today, at 12:18 AM, in Abraham Lincoln Memorial Hospital in Lincoln, Illinois, I was born. The world collectively yawned, and it continues to do so today. To show just how exciting of a life I live this morning I went to Taco Bell and worked from 5:30 until 9:00 AM. I will finish the day by going to work at Wal-Mart at 10:00 PM. I tell you, James Bond is envious of my life. (Of course I will tell you anything. Whether or not you believe me is up to you.)

Since we are both working tonight Vickie took me out to lunch yesterday. We went to Red Lobster. I had never ate there before. I am not a big seafood eater, but I am adventurous when it comes to food. Vickie ordered the lobster tail and she gave me a piece of it. It was not bad, but nothing I care to eat again. We also had a shrimp cocktail. The only way I had ever eaten shrimp before was fried. I liked it better than the lobster but still nothing I want on a regular basis. Vickie also gave me 2 shirts, 2 pairs of blue jeans, and a bottle of Eternity for men. She is spoiling me and I like it.

I am very satisfied with the way my life is going. A little over a year ago I was extremely unhappy, but things are now working out and looking up. I enjoy my job, I have a beautiful woman who I enjoy spending time with, my health is good, I like my hobbies and I am enjoying telling you about it here.

3 comments:

Mike Parnell said...

A very happy birthday, Howard!

Rob S. said...

Happy birthday, pal!

Jeff said...

Hope you had a good one!