Friday, October 31, 2008

The Haunted Chair.


The Internet can teach you many things. I learned that a cemetery that is about a mile from where I grew up is allegedly haunted. I went by there all the time and never knew that. If you go here, scroll down to states, click Illinois, and scroll down to Mason City you will find this cemetery listed. If you look under the word Big you will see a cement chair that is someones tombstone. Supposedly that chair rocks at night. Mom went up one night with one of my nieces to check it out. She said it is an optical illusion. If you stare at it long enough it does appear to move, but then your eyes shifting focus in the night would do that. When I go back to Illinois next year I will take a better picture and post it next Halloween.

Incidentally, this is the same cemetery that we laid Dad to rest in. I told Mom if she sees the chair rocking now it is just Dad keeping an eye out for her.

No comments: