Sunday, September 21, 2008

Take Me Out To The Ball Game.

Today is the last game that will ever be played in Yankee Stadium. There is a very slim chance that they could make the playoffs. All that would need to happen is the Yankees win every one of their games and the Red Sox lose every one of theirs, then there would be a play off. The Yankees are guaranteed a winning season, but considering their payroll more is always expected. How much would you be willing to pay to be there? According to a website called Razorgator, which keeps tabs on the secondary ticket market the average price for this game is $1111 with the highest ticket going for $18,300. The article that I read that is 9 days old. I was going to talk about this sooner, but I have been a little distracted. I am curious if anyone actually bought the seats for that much. You can ask for it, but getting it is totally different.

With Yankee Stadium going away, Fenway Park in Boston and Wrigley Field in Chicago are the oldest ball parks around. The next oldest is RFK Stadium in Washington, DC which was built in 1961. The House That Ruth Built closes tonight. I am not a Yankees fan, but I do like their manager, Joe Girardi. I hope they close it out with a win.


For the last game at Yankee Stadium, what better baseball card to represent the ocassion than the Bambino himself. This card is from Upper Decks' Yankee Stadium Legacy series, which I have posted a few previous examples. this is from Game 909, August 14,1934 in which the Tigers beat the Yankees 7-3.

No comments: