Friday, June 6, 2008

Mixed Bag

This post will be a little bit of everything and a lot of nothing. First of all, thank you to everyone who read this yesterday and a special thank you to those who left comments. I am very blessed with some great friends. I owe you all a hug if we ever get to meet.

One more story about my wife's passing. The day after I called her doctors office to cancel the appointment she had for Thursday. When I explained to the receptionist what happened her response was "OK. Thank you for calling." Click. I sat in the chair staring at the phone and asked myself, speaking aloud, "Did that just happen?" I laugh about it now, but I wasn't laughing that day.

I have been buying comics since February and I am behind on getting them read. I am trying to read at least 4 comics each day. If I succeed, I will give mini reviews with no spoilers here. Yesterday I read:
Fables 73. War and Pieces, Part 1 of 3 Fables has been my favorite comic book since its first issue. The war to regain their homelands is on. Another excellent tale from a great series. Highly recommended.

Justice Society Of America 16. One World, Under Gog Part 1 He Came And Salvation With Him. This is a continuation of the mini-series Kingdom Come. I never thought they would revisit that story, which is one of my favorites. I enjoyed this story and am looking forward to the next chapter. Highly recommended.
Trinity 1. Boys And Their Games. This is the start of a weekly series. Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman have been having the same dream. They are not sure what it means. I realize this issue is just the set up, but I was unimpressed. I am giving this one 5 issues to impress me. If it doesn't, I will drop it. Unimpressed.

Futurama 37. Full Metal Racket. Fry and Leela get put on a farm planet where they meet, who else, the Transfarmers. I liked it. Futurama fans will like this one.



My card for today is one of two McCain/Hillary cards. Tomorrow I will post the other one.

No comments: