Sunday, February 24, 2008

Evolution Of A Blog.

When I started this blog all I was trying to do was to see if I could actually post something on a daily basis. I really had no set idea what to post about. I was going to talk about baseball cards and comic books. I had no plans of being real serious. I was single again after four years and I was trying to keep my mind off the end of that relationship. The daily posts did not quite work out. Working 12 hour days will do that to you. I wanted to post, but I was just too tired to do so. When I did, the first few were nonsensical, but I started getting more personal than I had planned. I also got more serious than I intended. One of my dreams in high school was to be a writer. I failed because I lack the self-discipline needed. I am too easily distracted. I did some sports writing in high school with articles published in the Mason City Banner Times. The Banner Times is not actually a great newspaper. It comes out weekly and takes about 10 minutes to read. It was cool though to see a byline with my name in it. I always had a lot of ideas, but they rarely made it to paper. This blog is now a way of fulfilling that dream.

I am having a lot of fun doing this blog. It is nice to know that people are actually reading it, but even if no one was I would still do it. To every one who is reading this, thank you for taking the time to do so. I really do feel honored that you have taken a little time out of your day to read my ramblings. Some times I am serious, some times I am silly, most of the time I am both. I think we all need some silliness in our lives. Our lives are too short to be serious and up tight all the time. I see too many people that have this incredibly sour look on their face. How can they enjoy themselves? Laugh a little. I promise, it won't hurt you.

Where is this blog going from here? There will be almost daily posts. Right now I have a notebook started and have about 20 topics waiting. One of the great things about my job is I don't have to put my entire mind on what I do. I have done it so long that I put the body on automatic and let the mind compose. I keep a small notebook on me so I can jot down ideas to expand upon later. I also compose my daily blog post in my mind so when I get home it is easy to write. I haven't discussed comic books as much as I planned, but that will be changing too. Check out tomorrows post. Until then, have a great day.



Today's Distinguished Service card, Admiral Chester Nimitz. From the card: "Nimitz ranks among the most accomplished Admirals in the history of the U.S. Navy. As the Commander In Chief of the Pacific Forces during World War II, He had authority over all Allied Forces in some of the most decisive battles of the war- including Midway, Iwo Jima and Okinawa. Nimitz's leadership earned him a promotion to Fleet Admiral, the Navy's highest rank."

No comments: